Our Story: From Humble Beginnings to Industry Leaders
Altex Industries Inc. was founded in 2001 to provide shell and tube heat exchanger manufacturing, sales, and services to the oil, gas, and petrochemical sectors in Western Canada. What began as a focused offering has expanded over the last two decades to include an expanded product line featuring air-cooled exchangers, sulphur condensers, waste-heat boilers, and Helixchangers. Our Field Services division started with just “four guys in a truck” in 2003, but has since grown to employ over 1,000 people during peak turnaround season!
Why we exist :
We love a challenge – We’re here to help you work through the stuff of nightmares!
Altex Brand: Vision, Mission, and Values
Canada’s Trusted Partner for Industrial Lifecycle Solutions
To Lead by Example, Experience, and Innovation
Work Safe, Home Safe
• We have the courage to intervene and protect each other, ensuring we all work safe and return home safe, physically and psychologically.
Quality Is In MY Control
• Pride and ownership in our work.
• Collaboration with stakeholders.
• Compliance to applicable Codes and Standards.
GREAT People Work Here
• Ethical and Empowered
• Trusted Teammates
Find A Better Way
• Innovation Culture – We encourage creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to spark new ideas and novel solutions.
• Lessons are Learned – We continually adapt and evolve to ensure past mistakes are not repeated.
• Futureproofing – We invest in research and development to lead our industry.
Altex Industries Inc. is born (previously known as Altex Heat Exchanger).
Evtex Field Services partnership launched.
Heavy lift bay construction started, adding 60,000 sq-ft shop space and 110T lift capacity.
Field Services division rebranded under Altex.
Rental heat exchanger fleet added to service offering.
Vision 2020 plan created by leadership team to grow and modernize Altex Industries.
Acquired property across the street for Maintenance Shop and Field Services office.
Dedicated Air-Cooled Heat Exchanger shop added by acquiring neighbouring property.
First complete air-cooler bay with recirculation (winterization).
Vision 2024 plan developed by leadership team to continue company grow and success.
Waste Heat Boiler w/ integral steam drum shipping, 250T, unique 2-pass design.
Large-diameter, high-pressure, heavy, challenging metallurgy, and/or high-spec heat exchangers – this is our bread and butter. To chew through this type of work you need serious engineering and technical horsepower, which is why Altex has over a dozen Professional Engineers in-house! You also need technical experts throughout the organization to drive projects successfully.